9 June 2019

Kiwi coasters and block 8 of the Mystery Garden

I've been busy the last few days with machine embroidery.
First up was to make a set of Kiwi coasters, a free set from Kreative Kiwi

These are made of  denim and gold lycra.  The denim was bought with the intention of making a jacket, however when I got it home I realised it has a plasticy sheen to it, not what I wanted in a jacket.  I made the curtain tie-backs, posted earlier, from the same denim.  The plasticy surface means they can wipe clean easily. 

This month saw the release of Block 8 of the Mystery Garden from SweetPea.  Another pretty block

The block consists of 4 smaller blocks that are then sewn together.  I ended up remaking the block with the flowers in a basket.  My first fabric choices weren't good. The background fabric I had was too loud and busy and the leaves, vines and flowers got lost in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment