26 June 2019

Winter pjs

I bought some wincyette at the end of last winter at an end of season sale. I bought it to  make another set of Carolyn  pyjama by Closet Case Patterns.  The last few nights have been getting cold, down to around 6C, which is as cold as it gets in Auckland.  We won't have too many of these cold nights left and if I'm going to get any wear out of the pjs  this year I  needed to get busy.



If you are paying attention to the top  photo  you'll  notice  the front of the jacket is in a different  fabric. When I was sewing the pants,  I grabbed what I thought was the front pant legs and sewed the groin seam together and served it. When I came to join it to the back pants piece it was too short. Puzzled I looked closer and realised I'd seen the front jacket pieces together at the armscye. As I'd overlocked it I couldn't unpick it. I'd bought 5.3m at 112cm which was just enough. So I had to rush out to Morelands Fabric to get some more  wincyette. Of course I couldn't get the same pattern. Oh well it's a good job it's just for wearing  around the house.

The details
1. This is the 4th time I've  made this, no alterations needed
2. Size 14
3. 5.3m x 112cm wincyette, plus 1mx112cm for front jacket
4. Sewing time 6 hours. 2 hours for pants, 4 hours for  jacket
5. Buttons from stash
6. Total cost $32

No comments:

Post a Comment