30 June 2019

Summer Caye pants by Love Notions

The Summer Caye pants pattern by Love Notions is a very versatile pattern.  It can be made as palazzo pants, wide leg pants, capris and shorts.  It has different types of hems with a regular hem, split hem or tulip hem. It has optional front pockets and back patch pockets.  They are pull on pants with a flat front and elastic back.

This is my first time making them and I made a pair of wide leg pants with regular hem.



Front pockets are a good size

The measurements for size 14 fit me almost exactly so I made a straight size 14.  Love Notions patterns are designed for 5'5", so at 5'9" I decided to add an extra 2 inches to the length.  However this wasn't needed as I ended up turning up the hem 3/8", then another 3".

They took me 5 hours to sew, but about an hour was spent on fitting - testing the elastic length (ended up using the 17" inches recommended in the pattern and the leg cuff length.

These were an easy sew and make for a great pair of comfortable every day pants.



No comments:

Post a Comment