6 June 2019

New floor in sewing room, curtain tiebacks and table topper

The last couple of weeks have been very busy and I haven't had much time to get into my craft room.  I've been getting new carpet, curtains and dining table.  In my sewing room I got vinyl wood-look planks.  I've wanted a hard floor in my sewing room for a long time.  Trying to vacuum up those pesky tiny bits of thread and fibre is impossible from carpet.  So much easier to just get out a brush and dustpan and sweep it up.


I love how much cleaner the room looks with the planks down.

I also got new curtains and decided to make my own embroidered tie-backs.  Making my own tie-backs has been in the back of my mind for a long time.  In my imagination I was going to make something sophisticated, maybe a swirling design or fleur-de-lis type design.  Instead I went for a design of pukeko's from Kreative Kiwi.




If you don't know pukeko's are a quirky bird and live around wetlands.  We have some in our street and you can hear them screaming at night.  When driving you have to be careful to avoid them, they look very funny running across the road.

These are photos of pukekos that I took at a park a couple of years ago.



I also made a table topper for my coffee table.  The design is from SweetPea



No comments:

Post a Comment