19 November 2018

A vest, 4 T's and a tree

It sounds like I've been busy.  5 garments made and a Xmas tree since my last post.  But the t shirts were made while I was working on the machine embroidery Xmas tree and now I can make them very quickly.

First up is the Love Notions Oakley vest.

I bought the pattern in the Love Notions Friday specials.  Just $5 US for the pattern, very good buy.  The pattern comes in 3 views, one with simple side seams and patch pockets and zip front, one with princess seams and inseam pockets and zip front, both of these are finished with bias binding. The other view is lined and no zip.  Both views can be made either with a collar or  a hood.  I made this one with the simple side seams and a collar.  I have some more fleece cut out for the princess seams and a hood.  I'm keen to try the different views and see which I prefer.

This is made out of fleece and I made my own bias binding out of poplin.  Applying the binding took ages.  I think I'd like to try a lined version, but with a zip.  That would be very quick to make.  There are so many possibilities with this pattern. I'm also thinking a quilted version, possibly with waterproof nylon or a vinyl/pleather.  This will be great for throwing on when going for a walk when there's still a bit of a chill in the air but its too warm for long sleeves.
I didn't make any alterations to the pattern, though it could possibly do with my usual 1" added to the length.

Next up is another Love Notions pattern.  My TNT Laundry Day Tee (LDT).  Well actually 3 of them.


The first 2 may look identical, but look again at the sleeves.  I bought a 2.m length of cotton spandex with the intention of making a dress.  But knit dresses for some reason just aren't me.  After months of internet searches I hadn't found a pattern I really liked.  I have a shortage of T's in my wardrobe so decided to make lots of T's out of it.  However I didn't have quite enough for the sleeves on the second LDT so used some ponte out of my stash. 

The third one shown here is a sports pique and was on the specials table at SmartDress Fabrics for just $3.  This will be a good top to wear at the gym.

Finally, again made from the same cotton spandex as above is an Itch to Stitch Lago tank. Another TNT.
So while I was sewing all those T's on the embroidery machine I was making a Xmas tree from Kreative Kiwi.  On facebook someone had done a 3D one, joining 3 together.  I thought I could do that.


It is recommended to use vinyl for the baubles and star. I couldnt find any gold or silver vinyl, so I actually used gold dance lycra.  I wasn't sure how the stretch fabric would work, but it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment