29 November 2018

StyleArc Martha shirt

When StyleArc released their Martha shirt a few months ago I was intrigued by the pattern seaming at the back.

Martha Overshirt Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Designer shirt featuring a swing back, extended shoulder and a neat shirt collar.
Their website describes it as: "Designer shirt featuring a swing back, extended shoulder and a neat shirt collar"

I knew I had to make it in a classic white poplin/cotton.




The pattern is rated medium/challenging. I assume this rating is due to the collar and collar stand as it was really very simple to sew.  If you've done a collar and collar stand before then that isn't difficult.  The sleeves are cut on, so no sleeves to sew in. The button placket is folded over, so no facings to add in.

The shirt is everything I hoped it would be.  It took me around 4 hours to sew it and used 1.5m x 148cm of cotton poplin from Spotlight,which just cost me $7.19

No comments:

Post a Comment