24 November 2018

Shorts, vest and Christmas decor and cover for a coverseam

A few more projects under my belt.

Finished today were the Belize shorts from Itch to Stitch. These can also be made as a skort, but I went with just the shorts.

These have pockets and elastic in the back and sides.  There is also an option to make them with  front pleats.  I made the version without the pleats.


As usual with Itch to Stitch patterns I made size 8 waist and graded to 12 at hips.  They are a good fit, however they are a bit tight pulling on over my hips.  Once on though they are just right, if I made the waist any wider it would be too loose.  These are made from a cotton drill.   I lengthened the legs by a wopping 5" as I prefer a longer length.  The pockets are a good size, will be able to put my phone and keys in without worrying they'll fall out.

These took me 4 hours to sew.  However about 1/2 hour of that was spent unpicking a basting stitch on the waistband.  I've heard that using the coverseam to sew a  basting stitch is really easy to unpick.  Well some of it was, but the rest, well I obviously haven't got the hang of how to undo it yet.  Next time I'll stick to hand basting.

Up next is another Love Notions Oakley vest.  This time with a hood and princess seams


Didn't do a great job with patternmatching at the front. 
For the hood I added bias binding as a trim to hide the centre seam.  I used my coverseam to attach it, which gave a sporty look to the right side of the fabric, rather than 2 rows of parallel stitches that would have looked odd.
I made a cover for my coverseam machine.  This is a large applique design and wording from Kreative Kiwi.



















Another Xmas decoration made.  This time a table runner, design from SweetPea

No comments:

Post a Comment